https://premierpoolsofkc.com/wp-content/uploads/premier-logo_LARGEWEB-01.png 0 0 https://premierpoolsofkc.com/wp-content/uploads/premier-logo_LARGEWEB-01.png 2017-03-06 21:20:162017-03-06 21:20:46Are Fiberglass Pool Installations Still a Viable Option Compared to Gunite Pools in Overland Park, KS?
Are Fiberglass Pool Installations Still a Viable Option Compared to Gunite Pools in Overland Park, KS?
There is no denying that an increasing number of homeowners in Overland Park, KS are opting for Gunite pools opposed to fiberglass. This raises the question as to whether fiberglass pool installation is even a viable option. The answer is yes, although there are a number of unique aspects associated with a Gunite pool, fiberglass is still a great choice.
In reality, there are several great reasons why homeowners in Overland Park, KS should still continue fiberglass pool installation. To better understand, consider some of the top benefits listed below.
- Maintenance – The amount of maintenance required is one of the biggest concerns that people have about swimming pools, regardless of type. Fortunately, one reason why fiberglass pools are a great choice is that they require very little maintenance. In fact, you can expect to spend less than an hour per week maintaining this type of pool. With professional fiberglass pool installation and the right products, the majority of your time will be inside the pool, enjoying the cool and refreshing water.
- Skin Abrasions – When playing games in a pool made of concrete, some people experience sores and abrasions on the bottom of the feet. This is not to say that a concrete pool is a bad choice, just that a fiberglass pool has a smoother surface that prevents abrasions.
- Algae Buildup – Due to the smoother surface of a fiberglass pool, less algae builds up in small crevices, unlike other pool types.
- Acid Washing – Less need for acid washing is yet another reason why fiberglass pool installation remains a viable option for people in Overland Park, KS. Typically, liners for other inground pools have to be acid washed every few years and actually replaced about every 10 years. Fiberglass liners are different, which eliminates both problems.
- Installation – Overland Park, KS homeowners definitely appreciate the fact that fiberglass pool installation is relatively easy. Once the work gets started, you, your family, and friends will be splashing around in your pool.
- Salt Chlorine Generators – If you choose a salt fiberglass pool installation, which is currently a hot trend, the chlorine generator is usually quite hard on metal and concrete surfaces. As a matter of fact, some concrete pool builders will not warranty their product is this type of generator is used. With a fiberglass pool, homeowners in Overland Park, KS have nothing to worry about when using a salt chlorine generator.