When choosing the right landscape lighting, you need to factor in multiple things. For instance, consider how trees, shrubs, and bushes cast shadows, which vary from one geographic location to another. While large oak, Japanese maple, and dogwood trees are common in Overland Park, Kansas, cacti are common in Arizona.
To make the selection of landscape lighting easier, the six tips provided will help.
- Size and Placement – Different lighting fixtures get used in unique ways to enhance and highlight an exterior area. Depending on the location of installation at your Overland Park, Kansas, home, you can select from pendant and hanging lights, front wall sconces, outside garage lights, fence lights, lamp posts, fixtures that enhance a pool or jacuzzi, and so on.
- UV Rating – Also, choose landscape lighting that is UL damp or wet rated. That way, you never have to worry about damage or malfunction when exposed to rain, snow, or pool water.
- Purpose, Type, and Location – Factor in the purpose type and installation of the lights. If you want to illuminate an outdoor patio or kitchen in your Overland Park, Kansas, backyard, exterior chandelier or pendant lighting is ideal. However, if you prefer beautiful lights that also enhance the security of your property, flood lighting is the right option.
- Materials and Finishes – Today, landscape lighting comes in a broad range of materials and finishes. In this case, choose fixtures that can withstand the environment but also enhance the outdoor space. For instance, copper fixtures would look stunning around a swimming pool.
- Styles – Consider the style of light fixtures to coordinate with and complement the yard, such as modern, antique, nautical, or rustic.
- Lighting Controls – Finally, you want to choose the best controls for your landscape light You can select from dimmers, remote controls, solar, timers, motion sensors, and dusk-to-dawn controls.