It is true that the builder you hire will handle the majority of the work involved when having a new swimming pool installed in the backyard of your Overland Park, KS, home. However, as a homeowner, there are still a few things you should understand about pool construction. After all, the more knowledge you have, the easier it is to make the right decision based on your specific wants and needs.
- Pool Type – The level of pool construction involved depends on the type you select. While in the decision-making phase, spend adequate time researching the pros and cons of a vinyl liner, fiberglass, and Gunite pool. That will help you determine which one is right for your family.
- Pool Design – The design of your pool includes its shape, size, and any added features. Especially if you want to go all out, make sure you talk to your builder about options and how the money will tack time onto the completion date.
- Installation Time – If you are not in a hurry to have the pool completed, you might consider both a vinyl liner and Gunite style. Weather permitting, the builder can have a vinyl liner pool installed in roughly six to eight weeks, whereas, a Gunite pool can take up to a month to complete. The installation of a fiberglass pool is the fastest, taking only two to four weeks.
- Permits – A professional builder is responsible for obtaining all the required permits to install a swimming pool. However, as the homeowner, you have every right to ask for verification, since a simple oversight could ultimately prove costly.
- Backyard Mess – During the pool construction process, you will see a lot of activity in your backyard. Along with workers, the builder will bring in equipment to dig a hole. While messy, keep reminding yourself that you and your family will have an incredible pool to enjoy once finished.
- Landscaping – When discussing pool construction with the builder, make sure you advise him of any landscaping that you want to add afterward. That way, he will do the installation while keeping your preferences in mind.