Special Considerations for Taking Care of Gunite Pools in Overland Park, KS
Gunite pools are high in demand in Overland Park, KS. If you want a Gunite pool installed in your backyard or at your hotel, fitness club, community center, or apartment complex, you need to understand the special cleaning requirements. With proper cleaning and maintenance, they provide years of enjoyment.
Although caring for Gunite pools is not rocket science, there are certain steps to follow. Since so many homeowners in Overland Park, KS, have jobs outside of the home and because business owners have busy schedules, most people rely on professional pool services. Seeking professional help is an excellent idea considering that Gunite pools are unlike any other type of inground pool in that the aggregate used is a derivative of cement.
Following are the steps commonly used for cleaning and maintaining Gunite pools:
- Everything from the inside of the pool is removed, thereby preventing small items from being sucked into the pump and a potential electrical fire.
- Then, the expert drains the pool to roughly one-quarter of its depth. By reversing the pump direction, mineral deposits and sediment are forced out.
- With the water drained, a pool brush is used to wipe the sides in a downward motion.
- After the pool dries for about an hour, a high-powered vacuum cleans all of the deep edges to eliminate small debris. Reaching into tiny crevices is possible by using a brush attached to the vacuum.
- Gunite pools also require chemical cleaning, using a mixture of water and muriatic acid. This combination works great for dissolving stubborn stains and chemical residue. To cover everything, some experts use a sprayer or spreader. After 15 to 20 minutes, water from a garden hose rinses the interior surface of the pool to remove any trace of debris.